The happiest place in Southwest Michigan is feeling very sad but ...
… we are SO LOOKING FORWARD to seeing your smiling faces after Labor Day!
All 50 of our magnificent Carousel figures and our wonderful crew of volunteers and staff are feeling sadder by the day. We miss seeing you and hearing your laughter. But we know how very, very important it is for all of us to stay safe and well during the pandemic. So we are continuing to wait to re-open until it is safe for you to spend happy times with us again.
We will REMAIN CLOSED indefinitely. Please check here or our Facebook page for our re-opening updates and announcements! We will base our re-opening on Michigan's Executive Order and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention COVID-19 guidelines.
The Carousel House is taking even more safety measures
Our team has been super busy preparing for the day you can walk through our doors. Thanks to their tireless energy and ingenuity, the Carousel House will implement new practices and safeguards that will protect your health and provide you with peace of mind.
But amidst the changes, there is one thing that will STAY THE SAME at the Carousel. That is the sheer joy of riding our magnificent carved figures again and again. The Silver Beach Carousel is and always will be the happiest place in Southwest Michigan! Please make this YOUR GO-TO PLACE for making wonderful memories in 2020!
You have our promise: When we re-open we will continue to Keep It Clean | Keep It Safe.
Our #1 priority is always you. When we re-open we will remain vigilant to keep the Carousel House safe and clean for you and our other guests. To mitigate any health risks to you and our community we will be:
- Increasing how often we wipe down all high-touch surfaces with anti-viral/bacterial wipes: door handles, railings, figures, interactive museum exhibits, counters, rocking chairs, token machines, etc. Our Carousel brass poles are naturally antimicrobial to protect all of our riders, all of the time. However, we will wipe those as well.
- Closely monitoring and following the recommendations and directives of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Berrien County Health Department. We will implement the best practices and keep our building sanitation procedures up-to-date and effective.
Please help us keep everyone safe and healthy when you’re here having fun.
- Clean your hands thoroughly before and after visiting the Carousel House. Wash with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the “ABC SONG” twice and you’ll have washed long enough!)
- Wear a cloth face covering while in the Carousel House or Silver Beach Center. This includes in the restrooms, along the boardwalk and outside on our surrounding property.
- Keep a safe, social distance at all times. Stay a minimum of 6 ft/2 m from others when inside the Carousel House as well while you are in the other indoor and outdoor areas of the Silver Beach Center.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or face covering with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw it in the trash. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer afterward.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you or your children are sick or have flu-like symptoms.
- Tell your doctor about your symptoms and travel history.
- As a service to our community, Spectrum Health is offering FREE COVID-19 virtual screenings 24/7 to people in the state of Michigan who are experiencing these symptoms: fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing. Please call the Spectrum Health COVID-19 hotline at 833-559-0659 to schedule a virtual screening or visit www.spectrumhealth.org/covid19/covid-virtual-screening. If you have severe or life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
We will re-open when it’s safe to do so … hope to make happy memories with you in soon!